I am a firm believer that when it comes to a New Year, you are allowed to start over with everything. Don’t get me wrong, 2013 was a year full of magic and the most amazing trips of my life. It was perfection in itself. The only thing that wasn’t perfect was me.
Yeah Yeah, I know there is no such thing as perfection. Your imperfections are what make you perfect. I know I’ve heard it. I guess for a more specific meaning I don’t mean perfect – I mean good. I mean that I wasn’t the best that I could be. I wasn’t always compassionate for the people I love. I didn’t always smile and sometimes I really let people down. I didn’t keep promises I’d made. The normal everyday life thing – that everybody does every day.
This year – realistically I don’t think that I’ll be that different, but I’ve decided to make some new resolutions anyways.
I would love to hear some of yours. I can’t believe it’s 2014 now.
1. Lose some weight – of course I think this is generally on everyone’s list every year, so we’ll see.
2. Try to make someone smile each day – smiling is good for you, it’s proven (I think)
3. Keep myself tidy – I am a messy bugger. I can’t help it – definitely an innate problem but this year I will solve it.
4. Find myself a job – The end of uni means the beginning of my life.
5. Volunteer more – The whole while I’ve been at uni I haven’t volunteered at all, that’s three years of non-volunteering. That’s awful.
6. Be happier with me.
2014 is going to be an amazing year. For some reason I can just feel it. I hope you all have a lovely new year as well x